Community Residence Counselors-2nd, 3rd and Relief shifts
Department: Residential Services
Hours: Various Positions available for 2nd and 3rd shifts
Application Deadline: Ongoing
- Positions available for 2nd and 3rd shifts and relief.
- Write or assist in writing reports and documenting individual progress.
- Participate in team planning meetings and case reviews.
- Teach/assist in developing/maintaining ADL skills.
- Act as a role model.
- Perform routing site household maintenance and upkeep.
- Assist in teaching self-medication skills, utilization of health services and proper nutrition.
- Assist individuals in identifying personal recreational interests.
- Identify and use community based leisure/recreation activities.
- Provide appropriate restorative services to meet individual needs.
- Maintain case records and provide documentation according to program standards.
- Intervene appropriately to assist in crisis management.
- Understand and follow all program policies and procedures.
- Report all household or resident sensitive situarions to supervisor.
- Participate in staff training and development activities.
- Participate in intake and discharge planning.
- Assist individuals in the development of decision-making skills.
- Communicate with other service providers.
- Provide transportation as needed.
- Assist individuals in accessing community services.
- Communicate with supervisor and senior counselors on all pertinent issues.
- Represent the Agency and program in the community and with other service providers.
- Establish relationship with all residents and families as appropriate.
- Perform other related tasks as directed by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience in mental health related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience meeting OMH standards.
- Valid NYS or PA driver's license.
- Effective written and observation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with team approach.
- Ability to lift over 40 pounds.
- Familiar with computer programs (Word, Excel)
- Ability to accomodate flexible work schedule.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule.
- Ability to manage time.