Respite Worker / Skill Builder-Deadline Ongoing
Title: Respite Worker/Skill Builder App. Deadline Ongoing
Department: Youth Family and Community Services
Application Deadline: Ongoing
1. Provide respite or skill building services to both individuals and groups. Such services
will follow a plan of care outlined in the client’s individualized service plan.
2. Provide appropriate care and supervision of all children while on respite or skill building outings.
3. Ensure that the appropriate respite care/skill building permission forms and
emergency contact forms are completed for each child for whom they provide
respite/skill building service.
4. Provide written documentation in the form of progress notes that are reflective of
service plan goals and objectives, each time that the worker has contact with the
child, parent or collateral source.
5. Maintain documentation necessary to substantiate billing/funding.
6. Communicate regularly with the case manager/individualized care
coordinator on progress made, concerns or observations etc.
7. Notify parent, crisis response and/or Program Supervisor in the event of any emergency.
8. Submit an incident report to the Program Supervisor within 24 hours in the event of an incident.
9. Complete a New York State Central Registry call and form LDSS-2221A and notify
Program Supervisor immediately in the case of suspected child neglect or abuse.
10. Participate in staff meetings and wraparound meetings as required.
11. Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the clients.
12. Computer skills adequate to job duties.
13. Participate in and successfully complete all required staff training and development activities.
14. Perform other job related activities as directed by supervisor.
15. Understand and follow all program policies and procedures
1. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred OR High School Diploma/GED with
related experience or college course work.
2. Work experience or personal experience working with children, preferably children with special needs.
3. Training or degree of expertise in a skill area needed by a client.
4. At least 21 years of age.
5. Ability to legally operate a vehicle in NYS.
6. Ability to climb stairs, bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach and lift items weighing up to 40 pounds.