Welcome to Catholic Charities of Broome County!
Creating Hope, Transforming Lives - We exist to raise awareness and bring change to the lives of those we serve in Broome County. With your help we can make a difference. Our website furthers our mission by providing ways for you to learn more and get involved. Thanks for visiting. Your support is appreciated!
Peer Support Institute
The Training Curriculum will include:
· Orientation to the Academy of Peer Services
· Historical Roots, Authentic Peer Support, Peer Delivered Service Models
· Relationship Building
· Human and Patient Rights
· Trauma Informed Peer Support
· Importance of Advocacy
· Americans with Disabilities Act and the Olmstead Act
· Person Centered Service Planning
· Documentation for Peer Specialists
· Ethics in Peer Support
· Disclosure and Discrimination in Peer Support
· Essential Communication Skills
· Person Centered Principles
· Authentic Peer Support/Peer-Delivered Service Models
· Goal is Recovery/Wellness Action Planning
· Cultural Humility
If you’re looking for a way to get in shape and get involved in the community, we’ve got you covered. Here are five reasons to run for a charity this summer.
Like any other muscle, a brain needs to be exercised, stretched and challenged to stay strong. Check out these cool tricks you can practice to exercise your brain and build mental muscle.
Caring for animals is an important part of living an altruistic lifestyle. Today we explore how you can live more altruistically with the animals in your day-to-day life.