Welcome to Catholic Charities of Broome County!
Creating Hope, Transforming Lives - We exist to raise awareness and bring change to the lives of those we serve in Broome County. With your help we can make a difference. Our website furthers our mission by providing ways for you to learn more and get involved. Thanks for visiting. Your support is appreciated!
Peer Support Institute
The Training Curriculum will include:
· Orientation to the Academy of Peer Services
· Historical Roots, Authentic Peer Support, Peer Delivered Service Models
· Relationship Building
· Human and Patient Rights
· Trauma Informed Peer Support
· Importance of Advocacy
· Americans with Disabilities Act and the Olmstead Act
· Person Centered Service Planning
· Documentation for Peer Specialists
· Ethics in Peer Support
· Disclosure and Discrimination in Peer Support
· Essential Communication Skills
· Person Centered Principles
· Authentic Peer Support/Peer-Delivered Service Models
· Goal is Recovery/Wellness Action Planning
· Cultural Humility
No matter what holidays you celebrate, that means plenty more good times to be had before we ring in 2022. It also means it’s time to check in with your 2021 goals! From giving to volunteering to kicking a habit you hoped to leave behind, check out these tips to check in with yourself and finish out 2021 strong!
Remember to take care of yourself this holiday season and give back when you can. The spirit of the holiday is all about spending time with the ones you love and giving back where you can! Help spread holiday cheer this year for yourself and others by following these ten steps!
Think about the heroes in your life, whether it’s somebody you know, people in your community or even those across the globe. There are also tons of organizations you could partner with this holiday season to show heroes that you care. Here are some ideas to get you started.