Welcome to Catholic Charities of Broome County!
Creating Hope, Transforming Lives - We exist to raise awareness and bring change to the lives of those we serve in Broome County. With your help we can make a difference. Our website furthers our mission by providing ways for you to learn more and get involved. Thanks for visiting. Your support is appreciated!
Peer Support Institute
The Training Curriculum will include:
· Orientation to the Academy of Peer Services
· Historical Roots, Authentic Peer Support, Peer Delivered Service Models
· Relationship Building
· Human and Patient Rights
· Trauma Informed Peer Support
· Importance of Advocacy
· Americans with Disabilities Act and the Olmstead Act
· Person Centered Service Planning
· Documentation for Peer Specialists
· Ethics in Peer Support
· Disclosure and Discrimination in Peer Support
· Essential Communication Skills
· Person Centered Principles
· Authentic Peer Support/Peer-Delivered Service Models
· Goal is Recovery/Wellness Action Planning
· Cultural Humility
There are plenty of ways to cheer up somebody you love, many of them only involving your time.
It’s never too early to start teaching your children about the impact they can have in the world by spreading kindness.
Whether it be adopting an animal or helping in various other ways, we hope you’ll take part in Adopt a Shelter Dog Month.