Welcome to Catholic Charities of Broome County!
Creating Hope, Transforming Lives - We exist to raise awareness and bring change to the lives of those we serve in Broome County. With your help we can make a difference. Our website furthers our mission by providing ways for you to learn more and get involved. Thanks for visiting. Your support is appreciated!
Peer Support Institute
The Training Curriculum will include:
· Orientation to the Academy of Peer Services
· Historical Roots, Authentic Peer Support, Peer Delivered Service Models
· Relationship Building
· Human and Patient Rights
· Trauma Informed Peer Support
· Importance of Advocacy
· Americans with Disabilities Act and the Olmstead Act
· Person Centered Service Planning
· Documentation for Peer Specialists
· Ethics in Peer Support
· Disclosure and Discrimination in Peer Support
· Essential Communication Skills
· Person Centered Principles
· Authentic Peer Support/Peer-Delivered Service Models
· Goal is Recovery/Wellness Action Planning
· Cultural Humility
You have the power to continue to do good in the world and be the positive change, even with everything going on around us.
If you’re looking for a reason to get out there and do more good, look no further. April has been named Global Volunteer Month as a time to bring people together to volunteer from across the world.
While times are undoubtedly hard, there is hope on the horizon. Use April’s National Month of Hope as a reminder to be a light in somebody’s life this month, including your own!