Welcome to Catholic Charities of Broome County!
Creating Hope, Transforming Lives - We exist to raise awareness and bring change to the lives of those we serve in Broome County. With your help we can make a difference. Our website furthers our mission by providing ways for you to learn more and get involved. Thanks for visiting. Your support is appreciated!
Peer Support Institute
The Training Curriculum will include:
· Orientation to the Academy of Peer Services
· Historical Roots, Authentic Peer Support, Peer Delivered Service Models
· Relationship Building
· Human and Patient Rights
· Trauma Informed Peer Support
· Importance of Advocacy
· Americans with Disabilities Act and the Olmstead Act
· Person Centered Service Planning
· Documentation for Peer Specialists
· Ethics in Peer Support
· Disclosure and Discrimination in Peer Support
· Essential Communication Skills
· Person Centered Principles
· Authentic Peer Support/Peer-Delivered Service Models
· Goal is Recovery/Wellness Action Planning
· Cultural Humility
This back-to-school season, do more than simply prepare for a new school year—help those in need.
In 2020, you might be wondering if being happy is something you could admit to—but even during challenging times, there are ways to boost your mood and try to celebrate the good things in life.
When it comes to living an altruistic life that can help make a difference for others, one of the most valuable things you can give your community is the gift of volunteering.