Welcome to Catholic Charities of Broome County!
Creating Hope, Transforming Lives - We exist to raise awareness and bring change to the lives of those we serve in Broome County. With your help we can make a difference. Our website furthers our mission by providing ways for you to learn more and get involved. Thanks for visiting. Your support is appreciated!
Peer Support Institute
The Training Curriculum will include:
· Orientation to the Academy of Peer Services
· Historical Roots, Authentic Peer Support, Peer Delivered Service Models
· Relationship Building
· Human and Patient Rights
· Trauma Informed Peer Support
· Importance of Advocacy
· Americans with Disabilities Act and the Olmstead Act
· Person Centered Service Planning
· Documentation for Peer Specialists
· Ethics in Peer Support
· Disclosure and Discrimination in Peer Support
· Essential Communication Skills
· Person Centered Principles
· Authentic Peer Support/Peer-Delivered Service Models
· Goal is Recovery/Wellness Action Planning
· Cultural Humility
International Day of Peace, recognized on September 21 every year, is the perfect opportunity to promote peace in the world around us.
Spending quality time with those you love is not only good for the soul, it’s a great step toward living an altruistic life. But how do you put the quality in quality time? Check out these ways to make the most of quality time to help you on your journey toward an altruistic lifestyle.
It’s hard to believe that the end of the year is approaching so quickly. Wasn’t it just 2020, after all? Time flies faster than you think, which is why it’s important to think about your end-of-year giving plan now.