Care Manager 2 - SHINE Program
CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF BROOME COUNTY
Care Manager – Level 2
SHINE Program – Youth, Family & Community Services
GRADE 8 FSLA (Non-Exempt)
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and experience working with children and adolescents with emotional disturbances.
Good organizational and time management skills
Good oral/written communication skills
Good interpersonal skills
Knowledge of community agencies and resources
Ability to work with service providers
Familiar with computer programs (e.g. Word, Excel)
The ability to climb stairs, bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach and lift items weighing 40 lbs.
Ability to legally operate a vehicle in NY State
II. RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Supervisor
III. MAJOR FUNCTIONS
1. Organize and conduct social/recreational/cultural activities
2. Develop a comprehensive activity/recreation plan for each resident to build assets and self-esteem
3. Develop community contacts and resources to support social/recreational/cultural activities
4. Provide individualized skill assessment, instruction and supervision
5. Accompany, supervise, and provide transportation for activities
6. Assist families in planning activities for children on home visits and in engaging children in activities
7. Help families locate resources in their own communities to support the child and family’s social/recreational and cultural need
8. Plan school break activities
9. Coordinate extensively with Program Supervisor and Staff
10. Maintain case notes on all clients in the programs as required by the program.
11. Participate in and successfully complete all required staff training and development activities
12. Represent the agency and program in the community and with other service providers
13. Participate in team meetings
14. Perform other job related activities as directed by supervisor
15. Understand and follow all program policies and procedures
In compliance with all applicable government laws, rules, regulations and standards and all Catholic Charities Policies and Procedures the duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the above.
Catholic Charities of Broome County is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity in the workplace and respect the dignity of each individual. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.