Division Director - Youth, Family and Community Services
Catholic Charities Of Broome County
Youth, Family and Community Services
GRADE (Exempt) FSLA
1. Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, or human service field
2. Minimum of three years of progressively responsible post-Master’s experience, which should include supervisory responsibility. Direct experience working with and/or providing counseling to youth and families. Strong working knowledge of youth-related services, agencies and programs in the community. Experience in budget development and administration preferred.
1. Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain professional relationships with variety of people, including clientele, community leaders, staff and other public groups.
2. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a high level of organization and conciseness.
3. High level of creative problem-solving skills and independent decision-making.
4. Ability to assess personnel, identify qualifications, and address their limitations.
5. Ability to coordinate use of youth services and community resources.
6. Valid NYS or PA drivers license and ability to drive an agency vehicle
7. Computer skills adequate to job duties
8. Ability to lift over 40 pounds
II. RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director/Deputy Director
III. MAJOR FUNCTIONS
A. Team Member Effectiveness
1. Provide coaching and guidance to team members to ensure autonomy, quality planning, consistent assessment and excellent results
2. Monitor team member performance
3. Model excellent communications and leadership
4. Recruit and hire competent employees
B. Youth Services Team Effectiveness
1. Build a strong community among the Youth Services Program Coordinates
2. Hold weekly team meetings to ensure good coordination and communication and participate in agency trainings
C. Director’s Team Effectiveness
1. Participate fully on the Director’s Team as an effective team leader.
2. Demonstrate unconditionally constructive behavior as a member of the Director’s Team
3. Maintain open communication with the employees of other units and strive to enhance working relations within the agency
D. Budgetary Control Effectiveness
1. Set budgets for each Residential Services program in collaboration with the Youth Services Team members and the Manager of Administrative Services.
2. Monitor budgets to ensure proper fiscal and operational management of Youth Services programs
3. Maintain accurate records and statistical data for documentation of program effectiveness, analysis and the preparation of required reports
E. Community Effectiveness
1. Provide leadership in demonstrating and implementing the mission and values of Catholic Charities.
2. Represent the agency by serving on Youth Service related committees or councils, attend necessary meetings to explain and promote goals of programs, and participate in other activities as requested.
3. Develop, conduct, participate in, and/or encourage to staff to attend relevant in-service training, workshops, or conferences, within agency or community
4. Constant exercise of discretion and judgment when dealing with youth and families
1. Prepare a personal development plan
2. Implement the plan in collaboration with the director’s office
In compliance with all applicable government laws, rules, regulations and standards and all Catholic Charities Policies and Procedures the duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the above.
Catholic Charities of Broome County is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity in the workplace and respect the dignity of each individual. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.