Ladies of Charity
331 Main Street, Binghamton
Please Note: The Ladies of Charity works closely with but is not affiliated with Catholic Charities of Broome County.
Ladies of Charity was the first foundation established by St. Vincent de Paul in a parish in Chatillion-les-Dombres, Lyons, France in 1617, Ladies of Charity is the oldest religiously-oriented volunteer group in existence.
The first Ladies of Charity in the USA was founded in St. Louis, Missouri in 1857. Ladies of Charity is affiliated with the Association of International Charities. There are approximately 420,000 members worldwide. Please use this link to visit the national Ladies of Charity website: http://aic.ladiesofcharity.us
Interested in becoming a member of the Ladies of Charity?
Contact Membership Chair, Maryann Houlihan at 584-3932.
The local chapter of the Ladies of Charity operates a gently used clothing shop, the Nearly New Shop, at 331 Main Street in Binghamton, NY and works closely with human service organizations in the Southern Tier to provide clothing to those in need.