2021 Catholic Charities Annual Appeal
"Marathon of Caring"
The 2021 Marathon of Caring Appeal is a continuation of last year’s Leave No One Behind Appeal. It highlights the fact that we are still in the throes of a world-wide pandemic but that we pledge to continue to offer relief and support for recovery for those impacted by COVID-19.
Marathon of Caring means:
- Continuing to help those still unemployed with bills for items such as medical supplies and basic necessities.
- Continuing to offer telehealth services such as counseling and telephone assurance services such as Good Morning/Good Afternoon Broome for isolated seniors.
- Continuing to offer infant care, diapers and personal care items to families with young children.
- Continuing to help individuals and families find safe, affordable housing through rental assistance and security deposits.
- Continuing to help those with special needs, especially those with mental health issues as isolation continues to take its toll on their emotional health.
- Continuing to prepare to open all of our services safely and in a manner designed to maintain the health and safety of all.
Won’t you join us?
The outpouring of generosity from our community of support allowed us to offer over 500,000 meals including home delivery to those in quarantine and people who could not otherwise access food and supplies.
Our staff were supported to continue to make outreach and home visits safely through the pandemic by social distancing while bringing out supplies to clients and offering supportive counseling and care management.
Our community of donors helped us to redesign and rehabilitate our 100 Main Street Food Pantry to allow for future social distancing and health and safety measures such as sneeze guards and improved movement of clients through the building.
These are only a few of the many ways that we adjusted and prepared to deliver services safely.
With your help we will continue to make a difference in their lives. Together we will assure that those in need continue to feel supported.
Help us finish this long race towards COVID relief and recovery by helping your neighbors in need. Together we will cross the finish line locking hands together in support.
100% of all funds donated will be dedicated to this purpose for Broome County residents impacted by COVID-19.
Compassion and quality set the standard for the extraordinary diversity of services that we offer as we continually strive to be responsive to the community that we serve.
With the generosity of our donors and friends, we can ensure that the good work and critical services we offer continue and strengthen those most in need. This appeal will help us to continue the important work that we do for the people in our community.
How to Help
You can help ensure the ongoing success of the Catholic Charities mission by donating to the Annual Appeal. You can do it three ways:
Through a secure on-line donation, you can contribute to the Appeal using every major credit card, debit card or directly from your checking or saving bank account.
Fill out our online pledge form and someone from Catholic Charities will contact you to assist in donating cash, securities or any other form of donation you prefer.
Or Mail your donation (check or money order) to:
Catholic Charities of Broome County
232 Main Street
Binghamton, NY 13905
Thank you for joining us in this wonderful journey of caring, compassion and community support. Your donation will mean so much to so many in need.
For more information, please call: (607) 729-9166