Behavioral Health Professional Level 1 Functional Family Therapy
CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF BROOME COUNTY
Behavioral Health Professional – Level 1 –FFT
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Service or Behavioral Health field required.
2. Practitioners with a master’s degree in social work, psychology, or mental health counseling with 2 years of applicable experience preferred.
3. LMSW preferred.
4. Two years’ experience working in Behavioral Health.
1. Knowledge of Behavioral Health field
2. Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
3. Good organizational and time management skills
4. Good oral/written communication skills
5. Good interpersonal skills
6. Knowledge of community agencies and resources
7. Familiar with computer programs (e.g. Word, Excel)
8. The ability to climb stairs, bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach and lift items weighing 40 lbs.
9. Ability to legally operate a vehicle in NY State
II. RESPONSIBLE TO: Supervisor
III. MAJOR FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide services to children, youth and families following the Functional Family Therapy Model
2. Function as part of the FFT team and actively participate in team supervision, consultation and meetings
3. Identify individual and family mental health needs based on ongoing assessments
4. Develop a therapeutic relationship with individual and family
5. Educate individual and/or family on diagnosis/symptom recognition
6. Develop care plan with the individual and family
7. Ensure FFT services are provided in a regular, consistent and flexible manner with individuals receiving services in their homes
8. Utilize software technology pertinent to program
9. Maintain required documentation and meet deadlines and due dates
10. Ensure that a person centered planning process is utilized in delivery of services
11. Assist individual in accessing community resources
12. Provide crisis intervention
13. Ensure that individual and family rights are protected and advocate for individual and family
14. Participate in and successfully complete all required FFT Program and Agency trainings
15. Represent the agency and program in the community and with other service providers
16. Perform other job related activities as directed by supervisor
17. Understand and follow all program policies and procedures
In compliance with all applicable government laws, rules, regulations and standards and all Catholic Charities Policies and Procedures the duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the above.
Catholic Charities of Broome County is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity in the workplace and respect the dignity of each individual. We prohibit discrimination and harassment against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.