Care Manager 2 - Adult
DIVISION: Encompass Health Home
DEPARTMENT: Adult Health Home
HOURS: Full-time M-F 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
GRADE: FLSA Non-Exempt
1. Bachelor’s degree in health or human service field
2. Two years’ experience working with special needs populations
1. Good organizational and time management skills
2. Good oral/written communication skills
3. Good interpersonal skills
4. Knowledge of community agencies and resources
5. Ability to work with service providers
6. Familiar with computer programs (e.g. Word, Excel)
7. The ability to climb stairs, bend, stoop, sit, stand, reach and lift items weighing 40 lbs.
8. Ability to legally operate a vehicle in NY State
II. RESPONSIBLE TO: Supervisor
III. MAJOR FUNCTIONS:
1. Conduct initial and on-going assessments
2. Conduct care plan meetings with all relevant service providers
3. Act as a linkage to community services including medical, behavioral, residential, benefit services etc.
4. Promote health and wellness activities
5. Must utilize software technology pertinent to program
6. May need to participate in afterhours/weekend on call coverage
7. Maintain required documentation
8. Ensure that a person centered planning process is employed in delivery of services
9. Link and connect to natural supports and community resources
10. Provide crisis intervention as necessary
11. Complete required reports/notes in a timely and professional
12. Comply with all applicable regulations
13. Ensure that individual’s rights are protected
14. Advocate for individuals
15. Maintain documentation necessary to substantiate billing/funding
16. Participate in and successfully complete all required staff training and development activities
17. Represent the agency and program in the community and with other service providers
18. Regular and substantial contact with individuals receiving services
19. Participate in team meetings
20. Perform other job related activities as directed by supervisor
21. Understand and follow all program policies and procedures
In compliance with all applicable government laws, rules, regulations and standards and all Catholic Charities Policies and Procedures the duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the above.
Catholic Charities of Broome County is an equal opportunity employer.